Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hello World!

Wow! Since the landing of the new 3G iPhone to Oz, the buzzing is everywhere. Very disappointing though you cannot purchase it outright Though Optus has Prepaid for $749 in 8gb and $849 in 16gb.

I purchased my 2G iPhone 16 gb in Bangkok last April 2008 perhaps more on out of curiosity. Mind you, I just bought a N95 8gb in last January 2008 during my visit to Manila. It was on sale already there … I mean, the iPhone.

Unlike the N95, the iPhone does not suupprt MMS and video calling and no video capture.

Difference between 2G versus 3G lies in data speed where the 3G offers HDSPA and claiming it’s the fastest.

Last July 16, I accidentally updated my iPhone from 1.1.4 to 2.0. Imagine how I had forgotten that it will simlock my phone!!! No iPhone for 8 days. Thanks to Unlock iPhone UK that I found in the web. There I discovered how you can jailbreak/unlock your iPhone for free… but there is a catch it only does to until version 1.1.4. I tried downgrading but wouldn’t do it. The software update for version 2.0 from unlockiphoneuk.com just came in time $69 and will keep on receiving updated software; otherwise, I would have send my iPhone to an authorized repairer in Canberra for a fee of $148.

I managed to unlock my iPhone on 24 July using Mac. I found the PC method bit hard for me to seriously understand.

Had enough of that since my last task back in March 2008- dual booting Eee PC running Linux 4gb in HD then XP in 8gb SD card.

It was a real learning curve…
Now, I have my eyes set on doing another project!

No comments: