Monday, May 31, 2010

iPad Experience - Day 3

31 May 2010
Monday

Day 3: iPad Experience

Good morning! It's a lovely day.
My agenda today is to try the wireless keyboard. I pulled out my Apple wireless keyboard out of the box and inserted the 3 AA batteries included that came with it, turned it ON. Didn't take more than half a second to see it. Paired it and working just ducky! I had this Apple wireless keyboard for a while now; it won't work with Windows Vista laptop.

Using the iPad as a tablet, netbook, or a mini-laptop, or whatever was quite great. Pity though you can't save it in a different directory and perform multi-tasking.

Purchased ebook '206 Bones' by Kathy Reich's from Borders was a breeze. It downloaded straight from the Online Store and into Borders Apps using Wifi. I also installed the desktop version to my laptop.

Using this unit as an eReader was quite impressive. Read a few pages at night without the need of an external light. Adjusted the brightness of the screen in the dark according to my likening. By the way, this was one of main purpose in buying the iPad. So, this part was 10 out of 10 for me.

Read a few pages from the Holy Bible Apps. Downloaded the Translation for offline reading; however, you can't view the Reading Plan without connection either Wifi or 3G.

Next on the agenda is to turn my iPhone 3GS into an Apple air mouse. STAY TUNE.

NOTE: Used Chronicle for iPad Apps in writing this initially. Chronicle for iPad lets you upload to Google Documents.


No comments: